10 things about Jessica
1. Where did you grow up?
Escondido, CA (Southern California)
2. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was little, I wanted to be a professional cheerleader and olympic swimmer.
3. What was your first Job?
I cleaned pools with my family’s pool cleaning company.
4. What do you love about Mooresville?
I love the people and the climate.
5. Why did you get into CrossFit?
After college I missed playing competitive sports, I tried running and did a half marathon, but I was bored. A friend had told me about it and I really wanted to try it. So I bought a groupon to try it out when I was 8 months pregnant. I wanted some motivation to loose the baby weight and I had to use up all 8 classes in a month once I was cleared for working out. I loved it from day one. I loved the challenge of picking up new skills and constantly growing.
6. Why do you Coach?
I’m a teacher at heart and had coached friends in the globo gym environment. I love helping people learn and reach their goals.
7. What is one thing you wish everyone knew about health and fitness?
I am passionate about helping people understand the relationship between food and wellness.
8. What is your favorite and least Favorite Movement?
So hard to choose, but I do love deadlifts and overhead squats. My gymnast shaped body does not like rowing. I can’t ever seem to find an efficient pace.
9. What is something you are currently working on as an Athlete?
After this year’s open, I am super pumped to get my ring muscle ups down and link them together consistently.
10. Anything else you would like to share with the Deep Well Family?
This gym is such an amazing place, I love the people and the environment. When I first moved here from CA, it was the first gym I tried and I never had to go anywhere else.