Not Built For Speed
How and when did you get started with CrossFit?
My wife and I had been talking about joining a gym to focus on fitness and get into shape. We had a neighbor post about a new crossfit gym opening up. Figured what the heck, let’s give it a try….how hard can it be?
What is your favorite movement or workout?
Ground to Over-head, power cleans, floor press
What is your least favorite movement or workout?
What are your long term and short term goals?
Long Term – stay healthy so that I can grow old to see my children achieve their goals and spend time with Grandkids one day!
Short-Term – Focus on mobility and flexibility.
What would you tell someone who is on the fence about CrossFit and scared to try it?
- Not all CrossFit gyms are created equal! However, the community of people at Deep Well will become a second family to you. Everyone is very supportive and motivating. Friendships are created through CrossFit.
- I would also share, EVERY workout can be scaled to meet your current fitness level!
- Just come give Deep Well a try!!!!!
What kind of changes have you seen in your body, health, and fitness since starting CrossFit?
- Some improvement in flexibility, squats now can go below parallel sometimes!
- Blood pressure has returned to a normal level!
- Mental health improvement through great friendships!!!
What is your proudest accomplishment so far?
235 power clean – got over that 225 mental hurdle!
What kind of changes have you experience in your life since starting CrossFit that you didn’t expect?
Friendships that will last a life time!!
What do you love most about Deep Well?
What are your hobbies, interest and/or talents outside of CrossFit?
My family comes first!! Love spending time with my wife and kids.
Absolutely love seeing my son play basketball and my daughter dance (on her own terms).
Very passionate about the Buffalo Bills!!! Although they have had two decades of misery!