From 2 lb plates to nothing less than 15 lb dumbbells
Name: Jordan Hicks
How and when did you get started with Deep Well?
- January of this year. My husband, Michael, has been going to Deep well for a couple of years and has always tried to get me to join. I continued to put it off until I finally got the courage to attend a class with him one day. I was hooked after one class.
What is your favorite movement or workout?
- Anything that is not running or bike ha. I do enjoy squats because that is a strength for me and it is encouraging to see how much weight I can move.
What is your least favorite movement or workout?
What are your long term and short term goals?
- I want to be able to do a pull up, I have never been able to do a pull up in my life without a little cheat jump.
What would you tell someone who is on the fence about WELLfit and scared to try it?
- Come to a class and just try it out, don’t be intimidated. I started with 2 pound weights and now I never go below 15 pound weights in a work out. I have never felt judged in class and that is one reason I stuck with it, even when I was only capable of lifting the 2 pound weights, everyone was still cheering me on and motivating me to keep going.
What kind of changes have you seen in your body, health, and fitness since starting WELLfit?
- I am in the best shape I have ever been including before I had kids. I am overall happier, I no longer have the daily guilt hanging over my head that I am not taking care of my body. I stay at home with my one year old, which can be mentally exhausting but the gym has saved me, I can walk into the gym feeling defeated and stressed and walk out honestly feeling like a new person.
What is your proudest accomplishment so far?
- My double unders, I didn’t even know what a double under meant when I joined the gym. I also wouldn’t even think about touching a jump rope when I first started because I was intimidated.
What kind of changes have you experience in your life since starting WELLfit that you didn’t expect?
- The ability to do things (chores, lifting things) that I would usually push off on my husband because I did not feel strong enough.
What do you love most about Deep Well?
- The way the work out is broken up into three parts, it never feels like I worked out for an hour. And I love the people and the environment.
What are your hobbies, interest and/or talents outside of WELLfit?
- I have two little girls, a one year old and 4 year old. My life is basically controlled by toddlers right now so working out is my main hobby other than shopping at target ☺ and when I have a spare moment during nap time, I love to sit on the couch and binge watch Netflix.